Light Parmesan Chicken
Hello, I’m Pepper Ferguson from Pepper Scraps and Jenny invited me to come and share one of my recipes with you. I just started really cooking about a year and half ago when I started on the adventure of losing weight and eating healthier. Since then I have lost 80+ pounds!
Everything I cook is very simple and easy to make, because I’m a working mom with her own home business and 2 very energetic preschool boys.
- 8 2 oz chicken tenderloins boneless and skinless
- 1/4 cup italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella (optional not included in nutrition)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a shallow dish mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan and garlic powder.
- Reserve half of the mix (I find this helps your mix from clumping)
- Press each tenderloin in the mix
- Place chicken on a cooling rack placed on a cookie sheet
- When you use up the first half of the mix place the reserved half into your dish, you should use up all your mix on your chicken
- Bake until chicken is cooked through about 15-25 minutes
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of sauce on each chicken tender
- Optional: sprinkle Mozzarella on top of the sauce and put back in the oven till melted about 2-5 minutes
Servings: 4 | Calories: 215 | Fat: 4 | Carbohydrate: 17 | Fiber: 2 | Protein: 31
If you like my recipe or want to learn more about my journey through learning to eat healthier and losing weight make sure and check me out at Pepper Scraps!