Summer Taco Salad
I am Raquel from Organized Island , where I blog about simple recipes, decorative crafts and of course, organization tips! I wanted to share a simple summer recipe that goes well with warm weather for So Very Me readers!
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 pkg Taco seasoning (any brand)
- 1 head of lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1 can kidney beans (rinsed & drained)
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 bottle Catalina salad dressing (any brand)
- Corn or tortilla chips for serving
Cook ground beef until brown. Add taco seasoning mix, but do not add any water. While beef is cooking, combine all lettuce, onion ,beans, avocado, tomato and cheese in a bowl. Add ground beef to the mixture. If you are going to serve this the next day or later, cover the bowl and refrigerate until serving time. If you are going to serve soon, add salad dressing (I use about 2/3 of a bottle, but you can add more if you like). Serve with tortilla chips mixed in or on top of the salad and enjoy! This is a great salad to take to a picnic.
Please stop by the island and follow for more recipes and tips to simplify!